It’s here, and it’s better than ever, at least that’s what Apple believes or want its users to believe. Our quick review on iTunes 11: it’s fresh, clean and yes, better than iTunes 10. Apple iTunes 11, which was said to release today, is now finally available for download. If you haven’t had the time to download or upgrade your existing iTunes player to the new iTunes 11 player yet, then here’s how to do so.
Before we jump to the download links, you must know that iTunes 11 brings a lot of new things to the table: there’s a “modern” interface, the player is closely tied to Apple’s iCloud, a new MiniPlayer, refreshed iTunes App Store, improved search, and the player can automatically sync all your media content across all the other Apple products using iCloud. Here’s the complete rundown of what’s new on iTunes 11:
- Completely Redesigned. iTunes makes it more fun to explore and enjoy your music, movies, and TV shows. You’ll love the beautiful edge-to-edge design, custom designs for each album, movie, or TV show in your library, and getting personal recommendations any time you click In the Store.
- A New Store. The iTunes Store has been completely redesigned and now features a clean look that makes it simpler than ever to see what’s hot and discover new favorites.
- Play purchases from iCloud. Your music, movie, and TV show purchases in iCloud now appear inside your library. Just sign-in with your Apple ID to see them. Double-click to play them directly from iCloud or download a copy you can sync to a device or play while offline.
- Up Next. It’s now simple to see which songs are playing next, all from a single place. Just click the Up Next icon in the center display and they’ll instantly appear. You can even reorder, add, or skip songs whenever you like.
- New MiniPlayer. You can now do a whole lot more with a lot less space. In addition to showing what’s playing, MiniPlayer now includes album art, adds Up Next, and makes it easy to search for something new to play—all from a smaller and more elegant design.
- Improved search. It’s never been easier to find what you’re looking for in iTunes. Just type in the search field and you’ll instantly see results from across your entire library. Select any result and iTunes takes you right to it.
- Playback syncing. iCloud now remembers your place in a movie or TV show for you. Whenever you play the same movie or episode from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV, it will continue right where you left off.
iTunes 11 is available for both Windows and Mac, and while it’s really easy to download the player on your computer (simply visit Apple’s website), we have listed a few other ways for your convenience:
Download iTunes 11: Use Apple’s Website [Email Address Not Required]
Head over to the Apple iTunes page, hit the “Download iTunes” button, which takes you to another page with the download links for Mac OS X, Windows (32- and 64-bit) operating system. This time, however, there’s no need to add your email address — you can, but it’s not necessary.
Download iTunes 11: Use Software Update [Mac OS X Users]
Mac OS X users already have iTunes installed on their machine, but it’s an older version. To upgrade from iTunes 10 to the new iTunes 11, launch the Mac App Store, go to Updates and you will notice iTunes 11 on the top. Hit the “Update” button. Note: The size of iTunes (DMG) app is 198 MB.
Download iTunes 11: Direct Links [Windows and Mac Users]
Have you downloaded iTunes 11 player yet? How is your experience so far? Let us know what you think through the comment section below!