Trust Apple for always leaving the public stunned and awed. Even while there is still hubbub about the iPad, Apple has managed the media to gather together as they unleash yet another heat wave for the iPhone’s next generation operating system and assumed brand new iPhone hardware.
While there is a great difference between a wish and prediction, it would really be awesome if both can come true and really be included in the real iPhone 4.0 OS.
- The ability to multitask. Multitasking and battery life can be reconciled with the iPhone’s microprocessor abilities. But really, the iPhone need not set for true multitasking with the iPad around. The more important issue about multitasking is the security of the phone during its operation. Since the device is set to multitask, the user may not know if there are malicious applications running along with the apps currently used.
- Better File management. While it is true that file syncing can be done in both iPhone and iPad, or that iPod can contain music files, the fact is that I still need to use appropriate programs and applications for a certain file I am handling. So one enhancement that the iPhone 4.0 OS would include is a repository application for data of any file type. Then another file management boost is one that would allow opening of file trouble-free while the device is tuned in to another desktop gadget.
- Cohesive Inbox. The new operating system for iPhone and iPad would have this same inbox capability where the user can conveniently received all messages for a number of separate email accounts, create different folders for sorting and filtering of about 200 messages.
- Cord Cutting. iTunes is the interface to be used when purchasing music, but it can also be used to synchronize and update the physically joined devices. It administrators are allowed by Apple to configure their networks via the air. So if the iPhone and iPad are with Wi-Fi capabilities, then there should be a feature included in the new software that would allow syncing of data wirelessly.
- Search Capability. With the Spotlight, users or anyone else can search iPhone for emails, notes, messages, etc. An enhance that the new iPhone 4.0 operating system would have is a feature that boosts the functionality of the Spotlight. It could generate results from web devices, sites for social networking and many other related search resources.