Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by David Baddeley
After Black Friday comes Cyber Monday , both discount campaigns have been, for years, the ones that kick off Christmas shopping (especially online) in the United States and that, like other customs, have been exported by various countries, including Spain. With the current pandemic context, these electronic purchases made today will undoubtedly be higher than those made in physical stores.
What is the origin of Cyber Monday?
In the United States it is already its 15th anniversary, going back to 2005, when online commerce was not yet so widespread. In our country it began in 2010, although it has not become popular until just two years ago, with offers focused on electronic products: mobile phones, tablets, video games, computer articles and accessories. However, it is already possible to see these discounts on appliances and accessories.
Keys to take advantage of the offers
– Make a wish list: first, make a list with everything you want to buy, so you value what is really important to you, have the clearest ideas and facilitate responsible consumption.
– Look at the promotions: in addition to discounts and offers, there are some platforms that offer promotions in the form of a subscription, selling joint packages of products. It may be cheaper to contract these subscriptions than to buy the products separately.
– Beware of scams: it is an event with so many electronic transactions that scammers take advantage of the occasion for theft. Do not give your shopping card number on any platform certified as secure and be wary of bargains that are too flashy.
– Use the applications: if the store where you want to make a purchase has a mobile app , you can see if there are exclusive offers for customers or redeemable discount coupons. Also, if you decide to buy this way, you will do it safely, since the site is official.
– Compare prices: just like any other shopping day, it is important to compare the same product in different establishments or, if there are similar ones with similar benefits, take into account the quality according to the brand.
– Take into account the return policies: not all businesses act the same if you decide to return a product, either because you have thought better of it or you made a mistake when choosing it. Check the conditions well so that you do not have to pay an extra in case of return.
Finally, we advise you to try to buy from reliable sites, either online or physically and always rationally. The aim is to take advantage of this special day to get quality products, getting the maximum benefit and savings possible.
Happy and technological shopping!