Folks at xda developers confirmed that now you can easily root your Xperia X10 Mini, or X10 Mini Pro with the instructions posted by doshaska.
Although there isn’t much hype and buzz around these phones, but for those of you who use anyone of the phones (or both!) can now — get down and dirty — and root them with the step by step instructions given below:
How to Root Xperia X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro
– Download: exploid_x10mini.zip (download and extract the archive)
– You will need ADB from Android SDK and USB drivers for X10 mini (part of Sony Ericsson PC Companion).
– Enable USB debugging on the X10 mini phone in Settings –> Applications –> Development and connect the phone to PC via USB.
– Add the Power Control widget to your active widgets on the phone, so you can quickly turn off and on the wi-fi function.
– From the command line:
cd c:exploid_x10mini (or another folder where you’ve extracted the files from exploid_x10mini.zip)
adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
adb push su /sdcard/su
adb push exploid /sqlite_stmt_journals/exploid
adb push busybox /sqlite_stmt_journals/busybox
chmod 755 exploid
chmod 755 busybox
Immediately after the next command, you will need to disable and enable the wi-fi using the power widget on the phone:
enter password rootnow
prompt will change to # – now we have root
./busybox cp /sdcard/Superuser.apk /system/app/
./busybox cp /sdcard/su /system/bin/
./busybox cp busybox /system/bin/
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
exit – out of rootshell
exit – out of adb shell
Verifying if you’ve successfully rooted X10 Mini:
– When you run the abd shell again and issue su command, the Superuser.apk will run on the phone and will ask whether to allow root permissions…