Last Updated on July 17, 2021 by Sara Taylor
Facetime over 3G is something that will probably attract a lot of jailbreakers who have used JailbreakME on their iPhone. My3G 4.14 version was released today with the support for Facetime video calls over 3G, in case if you’re wondering about Facetime over 3G: My3G makes this possible by tricking the apps to believe that they’re on WiFi network instead of 3G. Pretty cool eh?
My3G App also works around the iOS’s 3G/ EDGE limitations, allowing you to download files larger than 10MB — instantly play full HD resolution YouTube videos — and use FaceTime video calling plus Sling player.
Here’s the video from Mark posted on Youtube; demonstrating iPhone 4 FaceTime over 3G:
How to Enable iPhone 4 FaceTime Video Calls Over 3G
1. To be on the safer side: backup contacts, music, apps and everything you need.
3. Now that your iPhone 4 is jailbroken, visit cydia and upgrade to the latest package, if prompted.
4. Click on sources, Edit and add: http://apt.modmyi.com
5. Now search for “My3G” (without the quotes). Download and install it!
6. Go through the Rock setup process with a username and password. Now open My3G and leave all settings on the default.
7. FaceTime should now work over 3G on iPhone 4! — Make sure to “Forget” the WiFi network you are on (via the iOS settings) if you want to test it.
Update: Note that the Apt Modmyi repo is getting hit with heavy loads. Take a break and give some air for the modmyi repo to be back up!