Last Updated on August 10, 2021 by David Baddeley
Using a genuine Windows product as a computer operating system provides many advantages.
In addition to maintaining computer security from various virus attacks, you will also always get the latest updates.
If your computer currently has the operating system from Microsoft installed, you should check again whether Windows 10 is being used or not.
Maybe if you buy a new laptop or computer, finding out the authenticity of Windows is not difficult.
Because now many laptop manufacturers have provided Windows bundling in their sales packages. And this is certainly the original Windows.
Or if you buy an empty laptop or DOS, you can buy Windows separately.
But if you buy a used laptop or computer that has Windows installed, then you need several ways to make sure that Windows is genuine.
Well, here we present some steps to see which Windows 10 you are using or not.
1#. Via System Settings
The first and easiest way is to look in Windows 10’s System Settings.
- Press the Windows logo on the keyboard.
- Type activation in the search menu.
- Well, in the activation menu you can see whether Windows 10 is being used or not.
If it says Windows is activated with a digital license or Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account, it means that Windows is genuine with a retail license.
2#. Using Command Prompt
Command Prompt is a program from Windows that can be used to run commands.
This command prompt will execute the user-typed command line. To see Windows 10 is original or not, you can use the following commands.
a.) slmgr.vbs /xpr
b.) slmgr.vbs /dli
Tutorial to check the authenticity of Windows 10 via the command prompt:
- Press the Windows logo on the keyboard and type CMD.
- Right-click on the Command prompt and select run as administrator.
- When the Command prompt window appears, type or copy the above command.
- Command slmgr.vbs /xpr and click enter.
- Then the Windows Script Host will exit.
- If there is a description The machine is permanently activated, it means Windows 10 is original.
- Command slmgr.vbs /dli and click enter.
- Then a Windows Script Host will appear containing information on the Windows edition used, Windows license (retail/OEM/volume), partial product key, and license status.
- If there is Windows license information from a third party (eg KMSPico) it can be ascertained that it is pirated Windows. Because it is activated using software, not with a product key that is officially purchased.
It should be noted, the statement The machine is permanently activated does not fully guarantee that Windows 10 is original. Because we have activated it using the activator program, and the result is that the machine is permanently activated.
So we recommend using the command b ( slmgr.vbs /dli ) because it is more detailed in providing information.
How easy enough right? If after doing the above method and it turns out that Windows 10 is being used as pirated, we highly recommend buying genuine Windows. Because there are so many advantages, including:
1. Full support from Microsoft
Microsoft itself announced that they would spend more time taking care of the Windows 10 operating system. At least in a year, they do 3-4 major updates.
Of course, this update can only be enjoyed by those who use original Windows.
2. The computer becomes more secure
With continuous updates, Windows 10 is one of the safest operating systems from virus attacks.
Their antivirus, namely Windows Defender, is one of the best free antiviruses to ward off viruses, malware, trojans, and others.
We have proven this benefit directly, where the computers that we use while using Windows 10 and continue to be updated, have never experienced problems, especially in relation to viruses.