Instagram accounts can be permanently and temporarily deleted via mobile devices or computers. Check out how to delete the following Instagram account.
Instagram is a social media that is loved by many people. CNBC reports that Instagram now has more than 2 billion monthly active users worldwide. In January 2022, India and the United States (US) are at the top of the list as the countries with the most Instagram users. Uploading photos and videos on Instagram is now a common part of daily activities. With a stunning appearance and increasingly sophisticated features, Instagram is easily one of the social media of choice.
Currently, Instagram has around one billion active users with 95 million photos and videos uploaded on Instagram per day. Not only sharing content, Instagram is now a profitable business platform. However, some people may consider deleting their Instagram account. It could be because you were hacked or feel like you want to stop accessing Instagram to focus on your career and be alone for some time.
1. How to Permanently Delete Instagram Account on HP
Follow the steps on how to permanently delete an Instagram account below.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the profile icon from the bottom right.
- At the top right, tap the Settings icon. Select Help > Help Center.
- To permanently delete an Instagram account, select Manage Your Account > Delete Your Account.
- Select “How do I delete my Instagram account?” Select the “Delete Your Account page” link Determine the reason why you deleted your account.
- Enter your Instagram password.
- Click “Permanently delete my account”.
2. How to Permanently Delete Instagram Account on the Web
How to permanently delete an Instagram account on the web can be done with the following steps.
- Go to Instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/ in a web browser.
- Enter your Instagram account. Select the reason why you deleted your account.
- Re-enter your password. Select “Permanently Delete My Account”
3. How to Delete Temporary Instagram Account
Temporarily deleted Instagram account prevents other users from seeing your profile, photos, videos and comments. How to temporarily delete an Instagram account can only be done with the following steps.
- Go to Instagram.com via cellphone or cellphone.
- Enter your Instagram account.
- Click the profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Select Edit Profile.
- To delete a temporary account, click “Temporarily Deactivate My Account” Choose a reason from the question “Why did you deactivate your account?”
- Re-enter your password.
- Click “Temporarily Deactivate My Account”.
4. How to Delete Instagram Account If Forgot Password
- Here’s how to delete an Instagram account if you forget your password.
- Log in to your Instagram account via the web using a laptop or cellphone browser .
- On the password and username page , click ” Get Help Logging “.
- Enter the username or email address of the Instagram account that you want to access.
- Wait until you get verification via email or SMS. Sign in with the verification code sent.
- Reset the password in the ” Settings ” menu . Select ” Security ” and enter the password.
- Open the email and click the link sent to change the Instagram password .
- Reset the password , then log in using the new password .
- After successfully logging in, the Instagram account can be deleted.
Temporary Instagram account deletion time
You can temporarily delete your Instagram account for as long as you want. You can reactivate it at any time by logging back in. However, Instagram currently only allows users to delete temporary accounts once a week.
So if you temporarily delete your account then log back in and then decide to temporarily delete it again, you’ll have to wait a week to do so. All your Instagram account data such as photos, videos, followers, and comments will not be lost as long as you delete the temporary account, because Instagram saves all your account data and will restore it to its original state.
What Happens when an Account is Permanently Deleted on Instagram?
When an Instagram account is permanently deleted, your entire Instagram history will be deleted forever. That means all your photos, videos, archives, messages and followers will be permanently deleted. You can’t get it back. Only you can delete your Instagram account. Therefore, for security reasons, Instagram cannot do that for you. It is also important to note that Instagram cannot reactivate a deleted account, so make 100% sure that you want your account to be permanently deleted. If you’ve permanently deleted your account and then you decide to go back to Instagram, you can do that. However, you cannot reactivate the old account and cannot register for a new account with the same old username.
After 30 days from the request for account deletion, your account and all of your information will be permanently deleted, and you will not be able to get that information back. The deletion process should take approximately 90 days after submission.
What if the Other Party Delete the Instagram Account?
There is no way to recover Instagram account if your account was deleted by someone else who knows your password. You can create a new account with the same email address as before, but you may not be able to get the same username. Therefore, Instagram offers a data download feature so that your data is more secure and can be stored as a backup.