Applications for payment processing are essential for expediting the process of collecting payment information from customers and processing payments. It also helps establish recurring billing, fraud protection, and data security for customer payments.
In this article, I will discuss the top ten payment processing programs to assist you in streamlining the payment procedure for your online store.
Software for payment processing: Key Features
Does the program include virtual terminals that let you use your device as a payment processor, and enter the card information manually for setting up online payment methods? Virtual terminals allow you to take payments even when a card is unavailable.
Does the payment software have recurring billing capabilities to serve subscription clients? Does it allow you to design unique recurring payment arrangements for these devoted customers? The ability to automatically bill customers regularly is a crucial feature to look for when choosing payment software for small businesses.
Does the app use cutting-edge technologies like Artificial Intelligence to spot fraud? Does the app have security safeguards to safeguard credit card information used during transactions on the software, such as encryption and tokenization? Security must be a crucial consideration when choosing software for payment processing because of the fragile nature of the financial data contained.
Flexibility in billing
Does the software for payment processing allow you to give your customers personalized invoices? Customers invoiced for services receive the additional paperwork required to formalize and organize the transaction.
Reminders and notifications
Do your clients receive notifications and reminders from the software for payment processing for paying their invoices? Does the bill notify you of the status of payment once it has been paid? Reminders let you stay on top of transactions and arrange your company’s finances.
Now that we have discussed the key features required for payment software. Here is the list of the top e-commerce payment processing solutions for 2023.
- Square: Best payment processing app for small business
Using Square’s simple credit card reader, you can accept payments from all popular credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and mobile wallets like Apple Pay and Google Pay. Credit cards may be retained for recurring billing purposes to bill repeat customers.
Additionally, you may use your POS to create customized invoices on your laptop or mobile device, and then email them to your clients. Customers can be remotely billed by dialling their number or using Square’s virtual terminal capability.
- Freshbooks: Best payment processing with incremental/upfront/partial payment options
A system for processing payments online called FreshBooks makes it simpler for businesses to charge customers, keep track of payments, and manage spending. It integrates with well-known applications like Xero and QuickBooks to make moving data between platforms easier.
Recurring invoices can be set up by users so that clients can get invoices automatically on a monthly basis. Additionally, it offers a selection of editable invoice templates that simplify producing bills with a polished appearance.
- Chargebee: Best subscription solution for high-growth e-commerce companies
You may automate subscription box billing and management, streamline order management, provide add-ons and gift subscriptions, and obtain insights from in-depth analytics with the help of Chargebee’s platform for managing subscriptions.
- KIS Payments: Best for loyalty programs
Thanks to KIS payments, business owners can quickly and securely accept any sort of card. Due to its virtual terminal functionality, your smartphone, tablet, or computer can be a credit card processing device. With KIS payments’ recurring billing options, you may charge recurring clients when convenient. With it, you may also launch a number of loyalty programs to develop bonds with your customers.
- Helcim: Best payment software for recurring billing
With Helcim’s assistance, you may easily accept credit cards from your device. The Helcim virtual terminal lets you use your PC, smartphone, or tablet as a credit card processor. You can accept Visa and Mastercard along with other popular credit cards. It also enables payments to be authorized in a few seconds because all credit card information is securely kept in its vault.
- Stripe: Best for online retail businesses
With Stripe, you can accept payments from various foreign payment methods on your website, making it a great substitute for online businesses. It offers recurring payment modules with payment options for retailers, businesses that operate on a subscription model, and offline merchants. Throughout the setup, straightforward options are used. You only need to enter your bank information and you’re done.
- Fiserv: The best platform for payment processing for Asia-Pacific enterprises
Fiserv offers automated payment processing for all payment types with regard to 60 distinct clearing methods, including high value, low value, SWIFT, BAHTNET, RENTAS, and G3. It offers a singular payment platform for domestic and foreign clearings, including those in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand.
- FTNI: Best software for payment processing of financial institutions
The FTNI streamlines and automates accounts receivable operations. It enables you to accept one-time and ongoing credit and debit card payments. You may manage payment acceptance utilizing your current bank, merchant processor, and back-office connections with the help of FTNI’s ETran platform. FTNI may issue customized invoices and securely accept checks, credit cards, and debit cards with the ETran mobile app.
- Venmo for Business: Best for startups & freelancers
Venmo is an example of free payment software. Bank accounts, credit cards, and debit cards can all be used to make or accept payments. Venmo allows you to connect with your Facebook account or phone contacts to make it easier to find your friends, ask them for money, or transfer their money. Using a person’s name, email address, phone number, or Venmo login, you can look them up.
- Adyen: Best for performance analytics
Adyen, a provider of payment services, enables you to accept payments online and in apps through the use of a virtual terminal. With Adyen, you may design a special checkout procedure using custom tax, receipts, and tipping flows. With the assistance of Adyen, your business can accept all widely used credit cards available. Using payment connection data, discounts, One-tap purchases, and rewards are all feasible. Security-related fraud is prevented by using A.I. algorithm for risk management.
Criteria for comparison
What factors should I consider when choosing the most useful payment processing application? Here is a list of my evaluation benchmarks in brief:
- Interface for Users (UI): Is it appealing and neat? Does the menu need to be more clear and more straightforward? Is it devoid of irrelevant and distracting features? All these questions need to be answered affirmatively.
- Mobile Payments: It’s possible that we may see a shift towards mobile phones becoming the primary payment method by the end of this decade. So it’s important that the payment software should be future-proof and accept mobile payments like Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- Usability: Nearly all industries require an application for payment processing to handle payments. Payment software must be incredibly simple and free of complicated setups to serve this diverse customer base. The amount of support offered with the app, in direct assistance, and through knowledge bases, is a crucial consideration.
- Integrations: Can you connect with this tool? Exist any built-in integrations? The most effective payment processing applications integrate naturally with landing sites, accounting programs, etc.
- Value for money: Does the application charge a monthly fee, a transaction fee, or both? Are prices reasonable, open, and flexible?