Did you know: Qualcomm, listed in Fortune 500, is the first company to bring CDMA technology to the market?
At a recent Qualcomm’s product demo booth, some more interesting facts on smartphone usage in India and all over the world were revealed. The folks working with Qualcomm also shared insightful data related to Snapdragon processors. All of these facts are posted below:
Qualcomm’s Presence in Global Market:
- Qualcomm is the first chipset company to support Windows Phone and Windows RT.
- A whopping 11 billion cumulative Qualcomm chips were shipped in 2012.
- The company has over 70+ device customers.
- Qualcomm chipsets power a large portion of commercial 3G devices.
- Over 770 Qualcomm-powered Snapdragon devices were announced with 450+ Snapdragon designs in development, including more than 35 tablets.
- There are 250+ designs in development using Snapdragon S4 processors; more than 80 Snapdragon S4 devices are commercially available in the market.
- Over 500 commercial Android devices in the market have Snapdragon chips integrated.
- There are 48 commercial Windows Phone and Windows RT devices featuring Snapdragon processors.
- At CES, Qualcomm introduced a new tiered structure to the Snapdragon brand (Snapdragon 800/600/400/200 Processors) and announced new Snapdragon processors: Snapdragon 800 Processors (8×74), 600 Processor (8064T)
- 55+ designs in development using Snapdragon 800 processors; 40+ designs in development using Snapdragon 600 processors
Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor Facts:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon processors power various operating systems including Android, Windows Phone, RIM etc. Qualcomm is the first chipset company to support both Windows Phone and Windows 8.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon processors are an integrated system-on-chip solution that use asynchronous architecture which enables each of the cores in a dual core or quad core design to operate at different frequencies based on work load, which can significantly reduce power consumption and extend battery life. In a country like India, where electricity and computing are almost a luxury, this technology innovation has far reaching impact for the masses.
- There has been a traction for Qualcomm Snapdragon processor not only with global OEMs but also Indian brands and 3G operators.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon processor powers range of smartphones from entry to premium tier, carrier branded to open market and across both global OEM and Indian brands.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon processor is driving affordable 3G smartphones with GHz processing at sub Rs. 5000 (~US$100, Micromax A57 Ninja 3), affordable dual core at Rs 6990 (~US$ 140, Lava Xolo A500) and quadcore starting Rs 10,999 (~US$ 220, Karbonn Smart Titanium1)
A new smartphone is launched every day. And by bringing the best-in-class technology into a single chip, Qualcomm believes the smartphones adoption rate will only climb higher.