Guide to Install NetFlix App on Jailbroken iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G
If you like to catch the latest and best movies, but cannot wait for the official Netflix app for the iPhone, there’s now a way out. The Netflix app is already available on the iPhone and that is what you have to make use of. What you need for installing Netflix app is an jailbroken iPhone; you can achieve this by using JailbreakME tool.
The entire process to install Netflix on iPhone takes a few minutes and soon you should be streaming content from Netflix. The mission is to download the iPad version of Netflix and transfer it to your iPhone. Here’s a quick guide to help you out:
Installing Netflix App on iPhone 4, iPhone3GS or iPhone 3G
- Access iTunes and download the Netflix app for iPad. After the download is complete, right click on the app icon and select ‘show in Explorer’ assuming you are on a Windows PC. If you are using a Mac, select ‘show in Finder’.
- Rename the downloaded file from Netflix 1.0.4.ipa to Netflix 1.0.4.zip and then extract the same on your desktop.
- Find the Payload folder after the extraction process is over. This should be within the extracted folder and you will also find the Netflix.app folder within it.
- Transfer the Netflix.app folder to your iPhone and place in Applications.
- The next step is most crucial and doing it correctly is a paramount to the success of your efforts. Change the permission on the app folder to 755. This can be done by typing ‘chmod 755 Netflix.app’ or ‘chmod-r 755 Netflix.app’ if the earlier command does not work.
- After this is done, reboot your iPhone, which allows the changes to take effect.
- What you now need is a non-Safari browser equipped with identification options to access Netflix on your iPhone. Try Atomic Web or Perfect Browser from the App Store.
- If you get Atomic, go to setting and change the browser identification to ‘Safari-iPad’. For the Perfect Browser, set ‘Safari iPad’ under Destop Rendering options.
- Open Netflix.com in any of the two browsers, and the app should take over.
This way you can enjoy your favorite movies on the go, even if you don’t own an iPad. For those of you not willing to jailbreak your iPhone yet, keep waiting for the official app to be available!
Desktop users who want are outside the US can still access NetFlix using Media Hint proxy extension.